Monday, June 6, 2016

Date Night Makeup with Taylor

Hey lovelies! I am so excited for this post today! My GORGEOUS friend Taylor from Blonde and Ambitious has a smokin' makeup tutorial for us. I know I for one am pretty excited about trying this look out for myself. Maybe I will have to post a picture of my efforts! But for now, read on and enjoy the wonderful talents of the ever so beautiful Taylor!

Hello! Most of you don't know me, but my name is Taylor Mobley. I am the face behind the Blonde and Ambitious blog and love it! I am 21, just got married and a senior in college. I know Kelsie from my home town in Indiana (and I have watched her sweet babies a time or two...I love those girls!!!) and she has graciously allowed me to guest post on her blog today!
I am excited to show you guys this look I put together. It is perfect for date night (and we all know we don't have nearly enough nights where we get to dress up and feel smokin'). I'm going to take you step by step so you can recreate it for yourselves!

Date Night Makeup
I'm going to start with my basic base for makeup which you can find here and focus on the eyes and lips for this look (the links for all of these items can also be found in my everyday makeup post)! Those are the most important parts, anyways.
List of products you'll need to start with:
Too Faced Melted Lipsticks in Peony and Violet
You're going to start with Urban Decay's base shadow in "Stark" found in the Naked2 Basics palette (if you don't have this palette, any eye shadow the same shade as your skin works perfectly!)




Next you will go in with "Cover" from the Naked2 Basics palette. Taking this fluffy blending brush (or similar) take a small amount of shadow and place it in the crease of your eye. Also take a second smaller brush and place the shadow beneath your eye.




After that, you'll take "Factory" from the Naked3 palette. Taking the tiny end of the fluffy blending brush, place a tiny amount of shadow into the crease of your eye and blend out.





Highlighter comes next! Take the NYC shadow dust in Champagne I talk about in my everyday makeup post and place it in the corner of your eyes and right underneath your brow bone. This will open up your eyes and make you look wide awake!




Eyeliner is our next step. Take the ink pen liner and draw a think line from the bottom of your eye to the desired liner length. Then take the pen and drag it in towards the center of your eye. Then draw a thin line from the inner corner of your eye to match the line in the center. Then, take "Blackout" from the Naked 2 palette and with the small end of the fluffy brush, dip the tip in the eyeshadow and then drag it from the outer corner of your eye (touching the eyeliner) to the middle of your crease. Then, you know the drill, blend blend blend!



Finally, add Better Than Sex mascara (three coats on top, one coat on the bottom), NYX jumbo eye pencil in "Milk" on your water line and VOILA! You are SO ready for date night. 



Here is my "before and after” :



Don't forget your lipstick!! I mixed Too Faced's Melted Liquid Lipsticks in Peony and Violet to create this poppy pink!! I highly recommend mixing your lipsticks together to get a custom shade (especially if you don't have a shade to match your outfit exactly).




So what did you guys think? Is this a look you will recreate on your next date night? I sure hope so! I know I will! I am so happy to have had this opportunity to post on Kelsie's blog...and to share this look with you. :) Be sure to follow me on instagram (@blondeandambitiousblog), like my blog on Facebook (link to my Facebook page), and find my pins on pinterest (link to my blonde and ambitious pinterest board). :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelsie Lou. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig