Saturday, June 11, 2016

A Simple and Beautiful Birthday

It is NO surprise to anyone I'm sure that I absolutely LOVE to do "parties". It's not the actually party itself, because quite honestly, I'm more of an introvert. I prefer small groups, and usually prefer them to be family and close friends. However, even if it was just my little family, I STILL love to decorate, bake, cook, and "throw a party".

That being said, sometimes you need to take into consideration what the party is for, who it is for, and why you are throwing it. For example, when your daughter is just a toddler, and still doesn't actually know what a "birthday" is, the idea of spending hundreds of dollars on a big party seems somewhat... silly, in my opinion.

So I decided to throw together a simple, yet beautiful little birthday BBQ for my sweet baby (not so baby anymore) girl. With just the people who she actually knows, loves, and has been there from the beginning for her. Sadly we do live far away from almost all of our family, but fortunately we have made friends here that are practically family now, and of course, the blessing we have of having my husband's parents just a few miles down the road.

My little girl is just the happiest, sweetest, vivacious little little thing. She is full of life, and brings so much happiness to all those around her. She is my little flower!

I decided to roll with that, and went with a "Flower" theme. It was low key, low budget, and exactly what she wanted. Sprinklers, Cake, Ice cream, friends, etc.

I got a few balloons from Target, and a Number 2 balloon from Party city, as well as these GORGEOUS floral napkins. I also found the most gorgeous floral wrapping paper and gift bags on clearance at target that just matched perfectly. Then I made her cake myself, and put some fresh flower I bought at Walmart for $4 on top. I also had some fun making that fun cake banner too, from some of my craft paper I already had.

It's not that I wouldn't give the world for my kids, and I do want them to have the best of everything, but all a 2 year old really wants is the cake, the love, and the fun. They don't care how much you spend, or how perfect everything turns out.

This "party" cost us under $50 for the food and decorations total, and she was in heaven, and so were we! We had the best time, with the best company celebrating our best 2 year old.




























 Sorry for all the cake pictures. I just love that cake banner! :)












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelsie Lou. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig