Friday, October 16, 2015

A little bit of gratitude

This morning is such a beautiful Autumn day. I love the cool crips air, especially coming out of a hot and humid summer. Autumn for me brings new life! I am NOT a summer person, at all! Don't get me wrong, I love a good BBQ, and the 4th of July is so fun. I like summer, I just don't LOVE summer. I do however LOVE Autumn, and even winter (I prefer Winter over Summer! **GASP**).

Yesterday was a less than pleasant day for me. I didn't really have a fantastic reason for feeling so... blah. Maybe it was all the sleepless nights adding up. Getting up with a teething baby all night can really wear a person down.

Then a sweet friend of mine decided to spend her free night with me! So what did we do? We went shopping of course!!!

I found some really fun stuff, but two of my favorite buys of the night were this little book I got at a sweet boutique, and this amazing mug I found at T.J. Maxx (Who needs Target when you have a T.J. Max... Okay, so I still need Target too!)




The book kinda just spoke to me. I have been feeling a little, flustered I guess you could say, lately with all the news that gets passed around and pushed in your face. It's not longer just in a newspaper or on a news site. Social Media is force feeding it down our throats, and creating a feeling of complete chaos. I tend to be one that doesn't handle the "news" very well, and so some of these articles that have been placed RIGHT in front of me, have been really weighing on my mind.

I have been working really hard at trying to, not ignore them, because it is part of life, and things do happen, but I have been working on taking it all with a grain of salt. Media feeds on fear, and of course they are going to push what will get them followers and readers.

SO instead, I have been trying really hard to focus on the GOOD in the world, because guess what guys... it's still out there!!! In an ABUNDANCE!

So when I saw this little journal that says "Let your faith be bigger than your fears", I knew I needed to buy it, and I have a plan for this sweet little treasure. Each day, no matter what, I will write at the end of the day, at least 5 good things I saw in the world that day, and 5 things that I am grateful for! I hope by making this a daily routine, I will be able to weed out the good from the bad, and to be able to focus on what this beautiful earth still has to offer.

The mug also plays into this, this one is a little more "Sweet" and "mushy" though. My husband has always been a very loving and affectionate person. He adores those who are close to him and doesn't hesitate to let them know this, even when we were just friends, he always called me "Love". I loved this mug because each morning as I'm drinking my super healthy breakfast drink (Ok, okay... so it's going to be full of white hot chocolate... ) I can look at that drink and be reminded of one of my greatest blessings of all!

A positive attitude and a little dose of gratitude can take a person very far in the journey of life and joy!

May you have a beautiful, and happy day!

(And don't forget about the giveaway coming next week!)

xoxo,
   Kelsie

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelsie Lou. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig