Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I'm addicted to Bruschetta

So we all have that one food that when we even hear the NAME of it, we start salivating. You know you do it!!! For me that food is BRUSCHETTA!!! (I'm curious... what is yours? leave a comment, I would seriously love to know!) I don't know what it is about bruschetta that just gets me so! But it does! Maybe it's the freshness of the ingredients, or the crunch! It could be the BLAST of flavor that explodes in my mouth with each and every deliciously delicious bite!!! Yes, it's so delicious I had to use delicious TWICE! Mmmmmmmmm... But I digress. 

Without further ado, I will bless you with the amazing recipe that I've concocted. After trying every recipe Pinterest could find for me, I have created the one that makes me that happiest (That tastes as close to the Bruschetta from my favorite restaurant as possible).



So the recipe will differ slightly depending on how much you want to make but here is what I generally do!

Super Addictive Bruschetta
1 tomato - diced
half an onion - diced
1/4 cup chopped FRESH basil (fresh is really key here)
2 Tbs garlic (I use the pre diced garlic you can buy in the jars by the vegetables, makes life a lot easier!)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. 

Mix all of these ingredients together VERY well
Let sit for a few minutes (in the refrigerator preferably)
In the mean time you can either bake your bread or toast it in a toaster oven or toaster. I usually do Dave's Killer Bread (it's pretty amazing, good for you, and SO delicious). Other's like to use french bread or baguettes. I like to keep it Clean Eating, so I use Dave's Killer bread! You can get it at Costco, SAMs Club, Winco, or Amazon.
Toast it up, and then just dollop a scoop of the Bruschetta right on top!

I then like to splash a little drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar over each piece and top it with some fresh cilantro! It's seriously to die for you guys! 

I also use bruschetta on top of grilled chicken, tilapia, and sometimes I just eat it with some popcorn chips!!!

I'm not kidding when I say that Bruschetta just GETS me! 

xoxo

Please feel free to leave a comment or a question, I am always happy to help!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelsie Lou. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig