Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Clean Pancakes - 100% Whole Wheat Clean Pancakes

100% Whole Wheat Clean Pancakes

When I first decided to go "clean", I sat for a minute thinking about ALL the foods I wouldn't be able to eat anymore. And I mourned the loss of my good friend, pancakes. After starting my nutrition courses, and doing research, and spending more time understanding and cooking real foods, I have finally mastered the perfect pancakes recipe for our family!!





100% Whole Wheat Pancakes
*I grind my own wheat, to guarantee it's 100%

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 Cup plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup Almond milk
1 egg
2 Tbs pure Vanilla extract

Directions:
Sift together the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. When they are both mixed well, blend them together! Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and spread evenly for it to cook all over.
Top with fresh fruit!



For the "syrup" I literally just pureed strawberries with a tablespoon of natural honey! It's SO delicious and fresh!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kelsie Lou. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig